Keeping your car looking new and fresh is not only aesthetically pleasing but also adds to its longevity. While getting a car wash is necessary, not all car wash services are created equal. Some may use strong detergents that may harm your car's paint or simply overlook areas that require cleaning. You may be wondering how to clean your car from home, and the good news is that it is pretty easy. Follow these tips to keep your car looking good as new!
Materials you'll need:
- Car soap
- Wash mitt or sponge
- Drying towels or chamois
- Start by thoroughly rinse your car with water to remove any loose dirt or debris. This helps to avoid any scratches that may be caused by rubbing loose dirt particles into the paint during washing.
- Next, fill up a bucket with water and add car soap. Make sure to use soap that is specifically formulated for car washing, as other soaps or detergents can strip away the protective wax coating of your car's paint.
- Use a wash mitt or sponge to wash your car, starting at the top and working your way down. Use light pressure and long, sweeping strokes to avoid any scratches or swirl marks. Be sure to rinse your mitt or sponge frequently to avoid any dirt or debris buildup.
- Pay attention to wheels and tires, as they tend to collect a lot of dirt and grime. Use a separate sponge or brush specifically for the wheels and tires.
- Rinse the car again thoroughly with water, making sure to remove all soap and suds.
- Once you're done washing, it's time to dry the car. Using a soft and absorbent towel or chamois, gently dry your car, starting at the top and working your way down. This helps avoid water spots.
At-Home Car Washing Tips
- Avoid washing your car in direct sunlight. This can cause water to evaporate quickly, leaving behind water spots and streaks.
- Do not wash your car using household cleaning products, such as dish soap or bleach, as they can strip the wax and damage the paint.
- If you prefer, you can use a specialized car detailing spray to finish the job. This helps protect the paint and give your car a shine.
Taking care of your car's exterior is important for its longevity and resale value. With these simple steps, you can easily wash your car from home and keep it looking like new! Bring your vehicle to Yates Automotive for all your other automotive needs.